GSSE is a 4-year international bachelor program at Thammasat University. Our mission is to spark, transform and empower global-minded leadership to tackle complex challenges and create sustainable solutions through dynamic inter-disciplinary learning.
We're looking for changemakers.
START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION HERE.
Round 2* Admission Schedule
Online application available:
March 15, 2017
April 19, 2017
Announcement of eligible candidates:
April 28, 2017
Written exam & interview day:
May 3, 2017 (Thai) | May 4, 2017 (Int'l students)
Accepted students announcement:
May 11, 2017
Admitted students day:
To be announced
May 22, 2017
*NOTE: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DATE ON TABLE ABOVE.
1. Applicants must have completed high-school.
If not, we require a GED or IGCSE diploma as an equivalent certification issued by Thai Ministry of Education.
2. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.5. All students must submit at least 4 semesters of transcript.
If you have studied abroad, also submit the transcript of that year.
1. Official high school diploma
· If you are studying in 12th grade and have not received your high school diploma, you may submit an official letter of enrollment issued by your school instead.
· We also accept equivalent diploma i.e., IB, IGCSE, NZQA, and GED.
2. Official transcript
· Your high school transcript and CGPA must cover at least 4 semesters of high school education.
· The minimum CGPA requirement for your application to be evaluated is 2.50 in a 4.00 scale.
· If your transcript is not in a 4.00 scale, please have it officially converted by your school or the Thai Ministry of Education and submit both transcripts.
· If you are submitting an equivalent diploma i.e., IB, IGCSE, NZQA, or GED, we still require you to submit your latest high school transcript along with the transcript from your examination.
· GED minimum total score of 2800 with the score of each subject not lower than 500.
· IGCSE minimum grade of C for at least 5 different subjects.
3. English proficiency score
· You may submit one of the following English proficiency test score: TOEFL, IELTS, or TU-GET
· The score should be submitted by May 3, 2017.
· The minimum score requirement for each test is:
· TOEFL 61
· IELTS 6.0
· TU-GET 500
· If you are a Thai citizen, please scan and submit your national identification card.
· If you are a citizen of countries other than Thailand, please scan and submit the identification page of your passport.
· If you hold dual Thai citizenships or more, please provide the documentation of the citizenship you are applying as. Keep in mind that TU regulates different tuition fee for Thai students and international students.
6. Letter of Recommendation: 1 reference persons’ contact information
· This person can be your homeroom teacher, subject teacher, counselor, or someone you have worked or volunteered with who knows you well.
· We do not accept family members, relatives, or friends as a reference person.
· Please let your reference persons know that we may contact them during the admission process.
· We accept recommendations submitted via our online channel only. Please do not send us copies of letters of recommendations separately.
7. Application fee of 850 THB or 30 USD
· If you live in Thailand, you may print out the invoice sent directly to your email after you have submitted your online application.
· If you live outside of Thailand, you may transfer the application fee through :
Swift code: KRTHTHBK
Bank: Krungthai Bank PCL.
Branch: Thammasat University, Rungsit subbranch
Account no. 475-0-71597-2
Name: School of Global Studies, Thammasat University
Address: 99 moo 18 t. Klongnueng a. Klongluang, Pathumthani, Thailand, 12121
8. Optional: Video
· You may choose to create a personal 1:30-minute video to answer the question below.
What social issue matters to you and why?
If you had 10 million baht, how would you use it to create positive impact on that issue?
· The video must be no longer than 1.30 minutes long.
· It must be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook.
· Please make sure that your video’s audio quality is good and clear so that we can hear and understand your answer accurately.
· You must, somehow, be present in the video.
· Scripts and speeches made on the video should be by you.
· The video must be in English only.
· Beyond the listed guidelines, please feel free to think outside of the box and present yourself to us in the best way possible!
· We will evaluate your statement on these grounds
· Awareness of the complexities of the social issue.
· Your enthusiasm for creating impact.
· A thoughtful and potentially effective solution.
· Creativity in presenting your answer.
· If you are invited to interview with us, it is required for you to bring in a portfolio of your activities relating to GSSE. Please feel free to create your own portfolio in however ways you wish, but keep in mind that it should not exceed 10 pages or the extra pages may not be reviewed.
We may ask to keep your portfolio.
Please note that we do not tolerate plagiarism of any kind at GSSE. Applicants who do so will automatically be disqualified from the GSSE admission.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT REQUIREMENTS HERE.
PART 1: Online Application | By April 19, 2017
1. Please go to Apply Now to start your GSSE admission process.
2. Fill in and complete the online application.
· Please note that the email you used to create your account will be used as the main channel of communication throughout your admission.
3. Once you have completed and submitted your application, a submission confirmation email will be sent automatically to you along with the application fee invoice.
· Additionally, when you submit a reference person, another email will be sent directly to their email. Please make sure that your reference person takes the time to diligently fill the letter of recommendation form by May 3, 2017.
4. To pay for your application fee, please print the invoice and use it to pay for your application fee at any Krung Thai Bank counter services.
· For international students, transaction can be made with the information provided in the requirement section.
5. All application requirements, which include documents, information, and application fee, must be submitted and paid by April 19, 2016.
PART 2: Admission Day | On May 3, 2017
6. You may come to our admission day by invitation only. The invitation will be sent on April 28, 2017 via email which will detail which interview day you are scheduled for. The examination will be held at the School of Global Studies, Thammasat University (Rangsit campus).
7. International students will be evaluated online via skype.
8. Upon registration, you will have to submit the link to your published video or booklet.
9. You will be evaluated in three different types of assessments: written essay, group activity and interview.
10. Your written examination will require you to write 2 essays.
11. The group activity will require your participation in solving problems (1 hour).
12. The individual interview will be with 1 - 2 faculty members (15-20 minutes).
PART 3: Post admission | By May 22, 2017
14. Once you have been accepted by GSSE, you must pay the deposit of 45,000 THB (or 1,500 USD) which includes tuition fee of the required Summer Pre-Program Course of 25,000 THB and the deposit fee of 20,000 THB.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ADMISSION PROCESS HERE.