The ‘SGS Podcast’ is a series of podcast episodes with a content focused on our GSSE students, alumni and helpful tips for GSSE admissions. This project was initiated because the PR team saw many potentially interesting stories, events and insights internal to GSSE which could be captured and communicated for public audience’s benefits, and to increase recognition of the GSSE faculty. That being said, we would like a medium which was a bit different than the typical videos; one that is quite easy to consume for all audience. Podcast was chosen as the main format because the content can be listened to conveniently without audience having to watch from the screen.
‘SGS Podcast’ started off its first episode in July 2020 in School of Global Studies, Thammasat University channel, now with 492 subscribers. The podcast series currently has six episodes with cumulative 925 view counts to date (July 2021). We are planning to put out more episodes soon, usually on bimonthly basis.
1.To consistently encapsulate interesting storiesand advice from GSSE students, alumni, and professors, and communicate to potential target audience in a comprehensible but easy-to-consume format.
2.To promote and increase brand awareness for the GSSE faculty
3.To serve as a go-to material to answer students’ question(s) about GSSE.
Content creator team
Ratruedee Pinkaeo (Junior) : writer, co-host, and producer
Bunrod Arreewong (Bunrod): co-host
EP.1 Look at COVID-19 through the perspective of GSSE students (22 mins)
– Beam, Ice and Nat from GSSE cohort 5 come discuss and debate on the important elements involved in the COVID-19 pandemic, and how to understand the situation through the lens of globalization and global citizenship.
EP.2 From GSSE to social enterprise founders (29 mins)
– Moh and Mook, our cohort 2 alumni and co-founders of Happy Grocers, talk about their innovative social enterprise model conceived during the COVID-19 pandemic to deliver safe produces to customers’ houses in Bangkok, and connecting small farmers from across Thailand to buyers in the urban areas.
EP.3 Everybody knows, the fans know, internships at the United Nations are not easy (19 mins)
– Tem and Pat, GSSE cohort 4 students, discuss about their experiences being interns for the well-known international organization—United Nations. They shared their learnings and their feelings working inside of this world class entity.
EP.4 Answer all your questions by the real GSSE recruitment team! (11 mins)
– P’Koh from GSSE admission team clarifies all questions about the admission process, requirements, and how to prepare for the interview at GSSE. In this episode, he also tells us about the typical admission schedule for GSSE and how to apply for a scholarship.
EP.5 The Dean of our school clarifies, why GSSE? (13 mins)
– A talk with the Dean of the School of Global Studies—Asst. Prof. Prapaporn Tivayanond Mongkolvanich—on why choosing GSSE. In this episode, the Dean also mentions the Master and PhD programs in social innovation and sustainability offered by the school.
EP.6 The inspiration: from GSSE to Harvard University (18 mins)
– Chalisa Kaewla (Jee), a GSSE alumni from cohort 2 talks about her inspiration and the journey to the admission and getting accepted to Harvard Graduate School of Education, Harvard University (in the United States of America).